I never really make resolutions at the beginning of each year because I know I won't be able to keep up with them (who's with me?), but I am determined that in 2016 I will finally learn how to deal with stress and anxiety. I know it won't go away just like that, it's something you have to learn how to manage. Today I want to share some tips and tricks with you on how to stop worrying and how to relief anxiety, because I know everybody feels overwhelmed and stressed once in a while.
2. Eat right Eat healthy and well-balanced meals and keep energy-boosting snacks on hand. Do not skip any meals.
3. Move your body Go outside for some fresh air, take some time to relax, exercise or go for bike rides to cope with excess tension.
4. Believe in yourself Adapt a positive attitude. Try to replace all negative thoughts with positive ones.
5. Accept that you cannot control everything Put your stress in perspective: is it really as bad as you think?
6. Anxiety is contagious Try to stay away from people who are very stressed (before an exam for example), their stress may tend to increase your own.
7. Breathe When you feel stress or anxiety coming up just try to inhale and exhale slowly, count to 10. And repeat if necessary.
8. Get enough sleep When stressed, your body needs additional sleep and rest.
9. Talk to someone Tell friends and family when you’re feeling overwhelmed.
10. Limit alcohol and caffeine Coffee and alcoholic beverages can aggravate anxiety and trigger panic attacks.
I hope these tips can be helpful for some of you. If you have any other tips, please leave them in the comment section, I'd love to know! :-)