1. Casual t-shirts in neutral colours are super handy to just throw on with some denim shorts or with a fun skirt. A must in every wardrobe!
2. A pair of comfy sandals that go with everything you bring with you. From dresses to shorts; they are great to wear while strolling around the city or to wear to the beach.
3. A dressy top is a must as well. If you don't feel like wearing a dress when going to dinner, you can wear this top with a pair of white, black or blue jeans and you're good to go.
4. A cute small handbag. You don't want to carry that large tote to go wander around the city do you?
5. A large beach bag is necessary to carry all your beach essentials when spending the day there.
6. A bright, flowy dress can be dressed up with heels at night or dressed down with sandals during the day.
7. A pair of comfy neutral heels, if you're a "high heel" kinda gal. A pair of black or nude heels are so versatile and stylish as well.
8. A bikini and a cover up. On a summer holiday we tend to live in our bikinis but it's super handy to pack a cover up as well for when you're having lunch at the beach and you don't want to sit there in your bikini, it's nice to have something light to throw on.
9. Denim shorts and a pair of jeans to pair those tops and t-shirts with of course.
10. Sunglasses. No explanation needed, protect your eyes kids!
1. Phone charger, of course! You don't want your battery to die just when you want to upload a cute Instagram picture right?!
2. Sunscreen. Protect your skin as well kids!
3. Lip balm is something I always tend to forget but my lips get chapped quite easily in the sun, so a must for people with 'fragile lips' let's say.
4. Books or magazines you want to read while tanning on the beach.
5. Headphones to listen and dance to your favorite tracks!
My tips for packing
1. Make lists! Cross the items you've packed so far, so you'll know exactly what's in your suitcase.
2. Pack in advance! You don't want to be in a hurry and forget to have washed certain items you wanted to take with you. Avoid these situations and pack in advance.
3. Make outfits! Try to make at least two outfits with every item you throw in your suitcase.
4. Pack accessories! A belt, a statement necklace, a delicate necklace, a pair of cool sunglasses, earrings, a beautiful scarf can totally glam up your outfit.
5. Pack valuable items in your carry on! For me, things such as your laptop, your phone and its charger, your passport, designer items, make-up essentials are the worst stuff to get lost. So think wisely about what you put in your suitcase and what you take with you on the plane in your carry on.
I hope this was helpful for some of you. If you still have exams: push through it, it will end soon! And when you're already enjoying your summer, I hope you have a wonderful time! :-)