What were your summer musthaves this year?
In collaboration with Viata (viata.be)
Although it might feel like summer is coming to an end, it sure isn't just yet! I just celebrated my 21st birthday at the belgian seaside and I feel like I'm ready now to smash the last few exams I have to retake in a couple of days. Today I wanted to share some of my favourite products and trends I have tried and loved so far this summer. I love trying out new stuff and once in a while there are some items that I just have to share with you guys! So read along to find out what stole my heart this summer!
1. Viata, an online pharmacy (viata.be), sent me a few products to try out... little did I know these would become my new holy grail products! After a long day I don't always feel like using tons of products to cleanse my skin, this is where the Vichy 3-in-1 Micellaire Lotion comes in handy. This product cleanses, tones and moisturises your skin in one go! L-O-V-E!
2. The season of sun, sea and cocktails is usually the one where I get dry skin. Using tons of sunscreen and tanning at the beach won't really help solve the problem. It's really important to hydrate your skin. As well as drinking loads of water you should also apply body lotion. This Vichy Ideal Body Serum (viata.be) is great to use right after taking a shower, it smells really neutral and spreads easily. Afterwards your skin will be as smooth as a baby's bottom.
3. The off-the-shoulder trend is one I've been loving this summer! I feel super feminine and elegant when wearing a dress or a top like that. It complements every girls' neck and when you pair it with a choker or a dainty necklace it instantly gives you that wild child look.
4. These Komono sunglasses I got as a present for my 20th birthday last year from my sister and her boyfriend. Ever since I got them I've been loving these so much! This summer especially I've been wearing them non-stop. They go perfectly with every outfit and they are classy but a little funky as well.
5. I love chokers. These last few months you see every fashionista wearing them. There are so many kinds of chokers which makes them even more fun. Multiple dainty necklaces paired with a choker is just the bomb.com! SO cool!
What were your summer musthaves this year?
In collaboration with Viata (viata.be)
I went shopping in Ghent with a friend today! So that means it's time for a haul! I went totally make-up crazy as NYX Cosmetics finally opened a store here in Belgium last week (Langemunt 60, Ghent). I'm so happy to finally get my hands on this amazing brand. I had a great day in Ghent, because let's face it, shopping in an unknown city is one of the best things ever, right? In this haul I’m showing you all of the stuff I bought today, so if you want to see what I got, definitely keep reading!
Matte Finish Setting Spray, €8,30 - I have been on the lookout for a setting spray for quite some time now. It's always so frustrating putting the effort in a nice make-up look and having to check every minute if your blush is still intact or if that mascara isn't running down your face... So for €8,30 I couldn't really pass this one by, and I heard a lot of great stuff about this setting spray. Very excited to try this out!
High Definition Blush in Taupe, €7,20 - I read that this blush should be the perfect contour colour for whiteys like me. I find it a real struggle to find a perfect contour colour, so let's hope this one turns out to be my holy grail!
Soft Matte Lip Cream in Rome and Zurich, €7,20 - The NYX soft matte lip creams are crazy popular so of course I had to try a couple. They're not lipglosses, nor lipsticks. They're super creamy and really easy to apply! I also love the matte finish, but I must admit that you should scrub your lips and apply lipbalm before applying this lip cream. Still on my wishlist are Cannes, Morocco and Stockholm.
Toiletry Bag, €5 - I was on the market for a new toiletry bag but as they seem to end up quite dirty after a while I didn't want to spend a whole lot of money on it. Since Primark was just next to the NYX Cosmetics store we took a look inside and came across this super cute bag in the perfect size!
Make-Up Wipes, €1,50 - I also picked up some make-up wipes as they were only €1,50 for two packs! Winning!
Eyelash-curler, €1,50 - Just look at how pretty it is! I really needed to replace my old one so I picked this one up. This eyelash curler will look super cute on my vanity as well. Very happy!
I'm really happy with my purchases. I had a lovely day catching up with my friend, Rosalie, and I can't wait to go back to Ghent, cause it really is a beautiful city!
Have you tried any products from NYX yet?
For those who know me personally it's no secret I love make-up, and like many other girls, leaving the house without any can be quite challenging sometimes. I really enjoy catching up on Youtube videos or listen to music when I do my make-up in the morning, for me it's kind of relaxing and I like to think it's important to take those 15 minutes for yourself... even if that means waking up a bit earlier.
1. I start off by applying this Bourjois 123 Perfect CC cream. Then I conceal my under eye area and the blemishes I might have that day with the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer, and after that I apply a little bit of the Collection Illuminating Touch concealer on my forehead, nose and chin to highlight those areas. I like to use the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge to blend all of these products in. To set my base I use a little bit of this Essence All About Matt setting powder.
2. Then I use this Rituals Summer Bronze bronzer to warm up my face and to contour slightly. And of course, blush is necessary to add healthy rosy cheeks and make me look more alive. This one is by Kiko, colour 108.
3. To add a little dimension to my eye area, I like to slightly fill in my eyebrows with this Hema Eyebrow Kit in the colour Taupe, and I do that with a small angled brush. After that I like to set them in place with this clear eyebrow gel, also from Hema.
4. When I feel a little more adventurous I like to apply this 24 Hour Colour Tattoo cream eyeshadow by Maybelline in the colour On And On Bronze. I really like how this instantly makes a difference. Then I add a tiny bit of eyeliner, I use the L'Oréal Perfect Slim Super Liner. Curling my lashes is a must before applying mascara. I cannot leave the house without mascara. It makes you look awake and I feel like I look completely different with or without mascara. The one I'm currently using is this Lash Sensational one by Maybelline, but I like to switch it up from time to time.
So there you have it, my daily make-up routine. I'm always looking for new products to discover, so please make sure to leave your holy grail make-up bits in the comments below!
If you have been reading my blog for a while now you might know that I really like to take care of my skin. I never really had a lot of acne but I just think my skin is very important. In January I did my first skincare routine post (find here) but since then it changed up quite a bit. Today I will be sharing my current nighttime routine. In the morning I usually only wash my face with damp water and put on a daily moisturiser with an SPF factor. But before bed I like to take the time to fully wash and clean my face.
Step 1: I usually wear make-up during the day so what I do before I begin to apply my skincare products, is take some cleansing wipes and take off all my make-up. These wipes also combat all the bacteria on your face from a long day. I have quite sensitive skin but these Garnier Micellar Extra-Gentle Cleansing Wipes do not irritate my skin whatsoever. I'm very pleased with these.
Garnier - Micellar Extra-Gentle Cleansing Wipes - €3,99
Step 2: Then I like to use my Vitamin E Cream Cleanser from The Body Shop. The smell and the texture of this cream cleanser is amazing! I use a few squirts on my face and gently massage this in, in circular motions. This makes sure all the pores are open to be cleansed. After it has completely soaked in, I take a washing cloth with damp water and wash my face. By then my skin feels so much lighter and cleaner already. I love this feeling!
The Body Shop - Vitamin E Cream Cleanser - €10,00
Step 3: After that it's time for a toner. I use the Vitamin E Hydrating Toner. I pour a few drops on a cotton pad and again gently massage this into my skin. This closes the pores again so that there's no 'dirt' that could go back in and create blackheads. A toner is also great to hydrate the skin.
The Body Shop - Vitamin E Hydrating Toner - €10,00
Step 4: As a moisturiser I like to use this Moringa Beautyfying Oil, again by The Body Shop. I do have very dry skin but a few drops of this oil go a long way. Again, I massage this into my skin in circular motions. And guys, don't even get me started on the smell... De-vine! Oh, and whatever is left on my hands I apply to the ends of my hair. This oil is suitable for the face, the body and the hair. Yay for 'three-in-one' products!
The Body Shop - Moringa Beautyfying Oil - €10,00
Step 5: This step is optional. As I told you I'm very lucky that I do not suffer from a lot of acne. But every once in while I do get some spots. Whenever I feel like there's a little spot coming up I take a q-tip, dip it into this Tea Tree Oil and apply it on the spots. I can guarantee you that the spot will not come through! This oil is the holy grail for all of you guys struggling with acne!
The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil - €14,00
So, this conludes my nighttime skincare routine. And yes, I try to do this every night. I actually really enjoy doing this. For me, this is kind of relaxing and a clear sign to my mind that I'm getting ready to go to bed.
What are your favourite skincare products? Let me know! I love to try out new products!
I've read a lot about the W7 In The Buff eyeshadow palette saying it was a great dupe for the Naked 2 palette from Urban Decay, but instead of paying €49,90 you pay €7,99.This sounded quite promising so I ordered it online, because W7 isn't available in Belgium. I wanted to try this out for so long now and finally I could. Here's my little review for you guys.
Buff - Camel - Sand - Dust - Chocolate - Topaz - Earth - Storm - Silk - Wave - Thunder - Onyx
For €7,99 you get 12 neutral and quite basic eyeshadow colours: 3 matte shades and 9 shimmery shades. It's a real budget musthave! The colours are indeed very similar to the ones in the Naked 2 palette. This palette is perfect to create the perfect day to day look but you can also use the more darker shades to create a smokey evening look.
My favourite colours in this palette to create an everyday eyeshadow look are: sand in the inner corner, camel on the whole moving eyelid, chocolate in the crease and wave or thunder on the lower lash line.
The little brush you get with this palette is the only thing that isn't that great. One side of the brush is a sponge applicator and the other side is a very small brush with synthetic hairs that aren't very flexible. If you want to, you could use this brush to apply a highlighting shade in the inner corner of the eye or to apply a darker shade on the lower lashline. Apart from that I think this brush isn't very useful. But for the price, you can't really complain.
I was very surprised that the eyeshadows are very pigmented. I'm so over the moon with this palette. Great pigmentation, amazing asortment of colours and an incredible price! What's not to love?
W7 In The Buff palette available in several online webshops such as bol.com and amazon.be
Hi everyone, my name is Pauline. I'm a 21 year-old Applied Linguistics student based in Antwerp. Loving make-up - fashion - books - social media - tea - travelling.